UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

[Solved] HomeKit - Can’t access home data?

Forums > iOS

So I've been messing around with HomeKit because its something I've been wanting to do since I started with swift (I'm still a beginner) but I have a problem. When I run the app on the simulator, the values show up that I specified:

print("""
                --------------------------------------
                >> The primary home is: \(String(describing: primaryHome?.name))
                >> The amount of accesories is: \(accessoryList.count)
                >> First accessory: \(String(describing: accessoryList.first))
                --------------------------------------
                """)

Of course, all the values are nil, which is to be expected. But when I run it on an iPad mini, which is connected to an actual home with real devices, the message doesn't even show up. The values aren't just nil, the message just refuses to show up in the console. Would anybody know how to fix this? I can provide nessecary code.

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.