UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Downloading apps from Mac to iPhone

Forums > iOS

Hi,

im a .NET developer by day, so am learning iOS development on the side. A friend has had an idea for an app, and I am not sure if it is technically feasible due to the restrictions in installing apps on a phone.

Basically it is for the TV industry, where they run fake apps (phone and iMessage mainly) on phones. The idea is to have a Mac app that allows the user to generate the scripted phone screens they want, and then to download to a phone as an app that runs on the phone. Presentation software like KeyNote isn't considered good enough, because the interactions aren't quite right, and the phones dont have cellular or wifi so you can't just run something over the web. Therefore you'd have to configure the app on a Mac and use that to update the iOS client.

Does this sound at all possible to achieve, or are there better solutions out there?

Thanks, Oliver

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.