WWDC22 SALE: Save 50% on all my Swift books and bundles! >>

Does SiriKit (Add to Siri) no longer support recording a custom phrase?

Forums > iOS

Hi all,

I am using a UIViewControllerRepresentable that wraps the INUIAddVoiceShortcutButton and presents the INUIAddVoiceShortcutViewController for the user to be able to add my shortcut to Siri.

In the past I remember the interaction involved recording a voice trigger (sample article with reference to screenshots), however iOS14 seems to have removed this interaction and wants to add the shortcut straight to Siri?

Can someone confirm that this is true and there no longer a way to trigger recording the voice prompt?

My usecase might be a little more unique where we are building apps for an ingdigenous language program in Australia and we want Siri to trigger on

What' Wiradjuri for ...

which obviously is not an English word.

Thanks for any points and appreciate you sparing your time to read/respond.

Save 50% in my Black Friday sale.

SAVE 50% To celebrate WWDC22, all our books and bundles are half price, so you can take your Swift knowledge further without spending big! Get the Swift Power Pack to build your iOS career faster, get the Swift Platform Pack to builds apps for macOS, watchOS, and beyond, or get the Swift Plus Pack to learn advanced design patterns, testing skills, and more.

Save 50% on all our books and bundles!

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.