UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: Do I need a domain name for publishing apps?

Forums > iOS

Do I need to have my own domain name for publishing apps?

At the moment I plan on getting a developer account and only installing apps on my own devices but if I decide to publish one to the App store will I need a domain name? Seems like I would but I can't find anything on the Internet that's definitive.

When putting them on my phone through the Xcode simulator I use a bogus domain name for the Bundle Identifier.

The Bundle Identifier do not need a web domain to upload to App Store as long as it is unique, however you will require a web domain for App Support and also a link to your Privacy Policy. If you look at an app you will see these on every app.

Thanks for the info

No, its not important to have a domain name before publishing an app.As you could publish you app without any domain purchase. As we published our app and after 3 months we bought domain for budget juicers. So it not necessary to have domain name before publishing. Because both are different. But if you buy before and design a proper website so it will be best to have complete setup.

Do You Have a Domain Name? Google Apps requires a domain name to associate the apps with and you need to verify you are the owner or administrator. A domain name is a unique name for your website, often looking something like this.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.