UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Cross Platform Development Path (SwiftUI/Android)

Forums > iOS

Howdy,

TL:DR At bottom

I have what I consider a very basic non-flashy business application I want to build.

That is, it won't be using the:

• Camera
  • Location Data
  • Accrelatometer etc
  • Or any Personal Data

I may set it up to set reminders in their respective calendars.

Swift/SwiftUI is my primary language.

It will be communicating with the company's device which will also be running the app (or a version thereof) & the users could be anywhere, so not only over the company's network. The communication will basically be simple text & some check box info sent to the company's version & then it may send data back out to either or both Android & iPhone users.

The last portion is, this needs to run on the company's hardware as the larger target market is very protective of their personal data & using something like AWS will most likely not go over well.

If you made it this far, then thank you & as far as how basic of a program I'm talking about think of it like this.

• Hey, you want to grab something to eat at 4pm?
  • Yes, I do.
  • Great

The data exchange really isn't too much more complicated than this, but isn't this.

TL:DR

I'm here, because my xp is with Swift/SwiftUI & I'm not sure where to begin a simple cross platform project.

• Start with SwiftUI then learn Android
  • Is there a cross platform development tool
  • ???

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.