WWDC22 SALE: Save 50% on all my Swift books and bundles! >>

Beta Software vs Final release of Xcode 13.

Forums > iOS

I'm going to be updating a lot of apps for SwiftUI version 3. Some of the items I needed weren't really available until now, so I'm confident that I can make them work and look great. So there is something I've never really understood about Beta Xcode vs Release Candidate Xcode (I think that is the final version that comes out).

So let's just say I create a brand new project with Xcode beta 2 and start working on the app. Beta 3 comes out and I start using that with the same project. Some of the code may have been deprecated and some new API may be added. I get all the way to Release Candidate Xcode, sometime in September (probably). Do people still use the same project they created in Beta 2, or do they create a new project using RC and copy / paste into that new project from the beta releases? Is the behind the scenes (compiler and whatever else isn't the actual code) the same from Beta 2 to RC?

@ShadowDES most dev's i know use the same project and updated the API's that have changed between the Beta's & the RC.

Save 50% in my Black Friday sale.

SAVE 50% To celebrate WWDC22, all our books and bundles are half price, so you can take your Swift knowledge further without spending big! Get the Swift Power Pack to build your iOS career faster, get the Swift Platform Pack to builds apps for macOS, watchOS, and beyond, or get the Swift Plus Pack to learn advanced design patterns, testing skills, and more.

Save 50% on all our books and bundles!

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.