UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Audio capture -sampling rate 384000Hz (16 bit)

Forums > iOS

I am currently thinking of developing an ios app to capture data from an external usb ultrasound microphone. The microphone that I am considering is a class compliant audio device that provides 16 bit data at a rate of 384000 samples per second. I have been looking into the Apple documentation, especially the AVFoundation classes, but I have been unable to find out whether there is an upper limit on the sampling rate. Does anyone know if I can use the AVCaptureAudioFileOutput or AVCaptureAudioDataOutput classes with a sampling rate of 384000 (16 bit)?

I am just starting ios programming and so am not very familiar with all the various AVFoundation classes. Please let me know if I have missed anything obvious. James Housden

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.