UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

App for iPhone or iPad to show active network connections in Safari

Forums > iOS

This may be a bit of an X-Y question, and I will explain the full reason I need this, but I am looking for a FREE iOS app (or otherwise method) of listing all the active connections made by the device.

Here is the X problem: I use a VPN to block adverts on iOS, but it breaks one of my favourite websites: telegraph.co.uk. In order to use the Telegraph site, I have to switch off my VPN. This gets annoying when having to do it several times per day. However, browser-based adblockers on my Windows PC work just fine.

I understand that the VPN adblock method works differently to browser-based methods. So on my PC I have a Firefox add-on to list all active connections when I load the Telegraph website. What I am looking to do is to identify exactly what the "blocked" requests are, by comparing the PC requests with the iOS requests while the VPN is active.

When I narrow this down, I will be able to report an error to the VPN provider and hopefully they can tweak their settings to resolve the block.

Hi,

I think free version of Proxyman should be great choice for this.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.