UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

100 Days of Swift or 100 Days to SwiftUI for iOS app dev

Forums > iOS

Hi everyone, I am new to iOS app development and learned the basics of swift through the unwrap app. I was wondering if I should skip 100 Days of Swift and do 100 Days to SwiftUI or do both swift then swiftUI? (for those who are familiar with both) Thank you!

I would go for the 100 Days of SwiftUI. SwiftUI is much more simpler, easier to use, and the future of building UI for Apple platforms. It also seems to be the go-to choice for newcomers to iOS development.

If you really wanted to learn the older UIKit, SpriteKit and other frameworks though, you can do the 100 Days of Swift.

Personally, I would rather spend 100 days doing SwiftUI than UIKit.

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.