UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Hacking With Swift: macOS Project 3 - No NSSharingServicePicker Warning, but...

Forums > Books

I completed the Chapter 3 and didn't run into the NSSharingServicePicker error that was discussed, but I am encountering an error in the Xcode log when I click the share button while the app is running:

Project1[64468:5502531] [default] Unable to open asset catalog with URL: (null) error: Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-50 "paramErr: error in user parameter list".

It shows up four times when I first click the share button and nothing after that, but it doesn't seem to effect anything AFAICT.

Does anyone know what causes this? Is it something that should be fixed?

Apologies if this is self-evident/an easy fix. I'm completely new to macOS programming and just working my way through the book to get started.

I'm running Xcode 12.5 (from the About Xcode dialog), but I don't know how to find out what version of Swift.

Cheers

That seems to indicate that a path to the assets catalog is missing.

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.