UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Ultimate Portfolio - SwiftLint error (Solution)

Forums > Articles

For anyone that may be getting a fatal error when using swiftlint, below is a link to the solution:

https://github.com/realm/SwiftLint/issues/1466

Look for the 4th reply. It has a command line code that will fix the issue.

I have done this to a project that I am doing ended up with 160 issues. but it was good and took me a hour or so to reduce it. But a good thing is that if you use //TODO: in your code this is lost but when using swiftlint give you a warning.

I got the 160 errors too... most were the tab on an empty line. "Trailing whitespace"... not sure it has any impact on the code, but I did remove them.... should have finished the video first... would have been easier to get the warnings.

The error for me was running swiftlint for the first time. It was giving me a fatalError. Hence the post 😉

This also fixed my error. The autocorrect command from the comments in that link was very helpful as well.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.