UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Squirrel - Track when you complete repeating tasks

Forums > App Announcements

@tra37  

I've been teaching myself Swift and the principles of developing iOS apps for some time, and earlier this summer, I released my first app. It's called Squirrel, and it's a free and easy-to-use app that keeps track of when you last did certain tasks in your life so you don't have to. Whether it be a common chore or a repeating task you're interested in tracking, Squirrel can help you keep tabs on those items.

Features:

• Add tasks you'd like to track, and record when you've completed them.
  • Set optional deadlines to keep yourself accountable. Squirrel can notify you if you go too long without completing that task.
  • Follow trends on how frequently you've completed each action and the amount of time between completions.
  • Ask Siri to mark an action as complete or when you last completed it. Squirrel supports Siri requests and automations with the Shortcuts app.
  • Squirrel supports Dark Mode, keyboard shortcuts, iCloud sync, VoiceOver, Dynamic Type, and more.

This week, I released a new update introducing support for Siri and the Shortcuts app. In the coming weeks, I'm hoping to kickstart work on iOS specific features and building out a more appropriate UI for the iPad (likely using the new UISplitViewController APIs). Squirrel is built primarily with UIKit, with SwiftUI sprinkled in some places. I'm looking forward to continuing to expand where I can use SwiftUI and making the app even better.

I'd appreciate it if you'd check it out and would love any feedback. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1502931401

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.