UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Kolibri for SwiftUI (iPhone, iPad, macOS)

Forums > App Announcements

Hi! So I released my app Kolibri a few days ago, I worked on it the last 6 or 7 months or so. I think it could be interesting for designers and developers. The app is actually written fully in SwiftUI and it is also for SwiftUI.

I'm a big fan of vector design apps like "Sketch". But I always thought for me personally it makes little sense to design something in an app and then have to implement it again in another app. So my goal was to create a design app which let's you draw like most design tools and then creates the SwiftUI code automatically.

Of course it can't do everything that e.g. Sketch cans. But for a start I think it's pretty cool. You can draw shapes, add multiple fills and borders, gradients, shadows. You can even edit paths and do fun stuff with the union, intersect and subtract functions.

You can try it for free in the App Store (iOS, iPadOS and macOS) and I would love some feedback from designers and developers, how you're using it, what's missing for you etc. Thanks so much!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kolibri-for-swiftui/id6447380792

Some screenshots:

I forgot to add, I also made a short video showing it in action together with Swift Playgrounds on iPad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5mLOO1Vh8M

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.