UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Colorscope - Puzzle game with shapes and mirrors

Forums > App Announcements

This is an in-between project I've worked on between actual paying projects for the past 2-3 year. The game comes with 60 free puzzles. Some things that I could only mention on this forum:

• It's all done in SpriteKit with SKShapeNodes. A few years ago this would've been impossible since those shapenodes were quite sluggish.
  • Custom pixel shader to make the color blending and kaleidoscope effect
  • Dark mode. We can't seem to sell this feature to client work since they don't see the advantage. But we sure as hell do it in our own apps.
  • Dynamic type for accessibility. I would love to make this game available for Voice Over and maybe even Voice Control, but that's a future project perhaps.
  • Different color schemes for different kinds of color deficiencies.
  • App clip! (Check it out on colorscope.be)

It is a spiritual successor to Colorcube, which was once featured (I think 2016) as the free app of the week in the AppStore, causing it to get more than a million downloads. Alas, Apple hasn't picked up this one yet to feature, but we're shooting for it.

Available for download in the App Store

App Icon

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.