UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Project 17 - Day 90 - Fixing the bugs - accessibiltyEnabled

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

Hi everybody, I'm looking to solve a few doubts regarding project 17 (day 90) about and the accessibiltyEnabled variable status debugging. I hope a didn't miss anything from Paul explanation, here's my issue: with the iPhone 11 simulator the initial value (at .onAppear event) of accessibiltyEnabled is false (as I would expect). The first time i tap on a card, or anywhere else, somehow that value becomes true and all the accessibilities elements appear in the UI... Anyone have noticed the same behaviour?

I can't understand what triggers the value change (i've already disabled all the accessibility options in the simulator settings and that's why I expected the false value to be persistent) and how, if there's a way, to set accessibiltyEnabled to false (maybe disabling VoiceOver?) from the simulator or using some other kind of settings.

Thanks in advance.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.