UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Instafilter (project 13) works in Simulator but not iPhone

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

Anyone else have an issue using the Save functionality when running the Instafilter app on a device rather than the simulator?

When I tap "Save" using the phone (XR), the "Oops: error" text gets printed out on the cosole, and the dialog box doesn't appear on the phone's screen.

When I try to Save using the simulator, the "Success" text is printed out and the box appears on screen.

I've compared my code with Paul's from the Git repository, and, aside from some variables and functions being ordered a little different, the codes are the same.

I tested mine out and it's still working. It applies the filter and saves the image correctly. I'm using an iPhone SE on iOS 15.3.1

Damn, I gotta buy myself a new iPhone. My iPhone 7 is not even supported in Xcode haha.

Could this be a permissions issue? Don't you have to give applications permission to store data on your device?

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.