UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: iExpense - onDelete not deleting

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

Hi all,

Been trying to figure out why my remove function is not removing from core. The delete function works, when you remove expenses but when you go to add more expenses, the previous delete items come back from the dead like zombies. At first, I thought maybe the UUID is generating different IDs for each item and when I delete one, its removing a copy versus the original. So I wrote a function in my viewmodel to make sure its removing the exact ID but that didnt work either.

It seems that this occured when I started to slit my views up. If anyone can shed some light why its doing this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Github code: https://github.com/EyeOfHorus396/iExpense/tree/main

@Bnerd  

Three changes in your ContentView

@State private var isShowing: Bool = false

@StateObject var expenses =  Expenses() //Ch1
    @StateObject var bizExpenses = BusinessExpenses() //Ch2

var body: some View {

NavigationStack {
            VStack {
                if isShowing {
                    Menu()

}

ExpView(expenses: expenses, bizExpenses: bizExpenses) //Ch3

It works for me :)

@Bnerd - you saved my sanity! Thank you!

@Bnerd  

My congrats for your attempt, your layout and the way you structured your code makes mine look like kindergarten :P

I appreciate the compliment but I am still learning, trying to push myself on these projects. :)

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.