UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: Guess the flag project: file download question

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

Apologies in advance for seeming foolish, but am having trouble understanding what files to download for this project. the directions tell me to 'download some files for this project' with the following link, and 'make sure you look in the SwiftUI section of the files'....

https://github.com/twostraws/HackingWithSwift

ok, so when I click on the SwiftUI file, there are in the region of 30 subfiles, with titles beginning with the word project. how do I know what files I need to download?

also, just making me feel even more ignorant is the fact that I'm on a mac, and am not understanding how to download whatever file it is I'm supposed to from github.

Appreciate any help

thanks

Paul

As you are following the SwiftUI course download the SwiftUI folder (on Safari control-click on the SwiftUI link, then 'Download Linked File' ), all of the folder as you may be referring to it for the various projects. If you do not feel that you need all the project files, just download the files for a specific project.

On Dock (bottom of the screen on your Mac) there should be the Downloads tab, click on it and drag the downloaded SwiftUI folder to wherever you want to keep these sample / example project files. Suggest you first use Finder (top left of the screen next to the Apple symbol) using File>New Folder to create a suitable folder for these examples.

thanks apprec!

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.