UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Feeling a bit lost after Milestone 4-6 and project 7

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

I'm feeling a bit lost and overwhelmed after working through the milstone after project 4-5-6, and project 7.

Up through project 6, I felt like I was pretty much understanding what Paul was teaching, and could figure out solutions in a reasonable timeframe. All of a sudden, I feel like he is doing things that I have no idea why.

Is this normal? Do I need to backup and redo some of the previous steps? Or is this a "push through and it will click in a few chapters" type of thing?

Thanks for any advice and experiences!

-Brent

@brent is in familiar territory:

I'm feeling a bit lost and overwhelmed [...snip...]
Is this normal? Do I need to backup and redo some of the previous steps?

I answered a similar question back in January, so you're not alone.

See -> Is this normal?

It might be overwhelming because @twoStraws seldom makes a mistake in his tutorial videos. The logic just flows clearly out of his brain, through his pie hole, past his fingers, and into xCode. Yes, this seems to be an impossible goal for beginners.

You can do much of this. But instead of a YouTube audience, write your plan into a RTF document included with your code. Write down the steps and views you think you need for Project 7 and group your solution into the parts your most comfortable with.

Then evaluate your gaps. What's this ObservableObject thing? Can you list one good reason why your struct should implement the Identifiable protocol? Are you still coding ONE big ContentView, or are you now breaking your big views into several smaller (bite sized) views and (please!) providing descriptive names?

If you feel you've mastered concepts so far, write us a note here in the forums on the concepts that aren't so clear.

Keep Coding!

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.