UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Day one and two complete

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

@TKift  

Just started the 100 day program and did the first two days. I have played with programming languages (BASIC back in the 70s where you had to type in your own programs and C++ back in the 2000s) have an idea for an app that my 69 year old brain might be able to make.

Terry

10 let x = 1
20 let y = 10
30 if x > y goto 70
40 print "welcome terry"
50 let x = x + 1
60 goto 30
70 print "==== end ===="

Welcome to Swift!

I got of kick out of you saying you dabbled in "BASIC back in the 70s where you had to type in your own programs"

Just curious? Who types your SwiftUI programs? You have someone do this for you?

@TKift  

Hi Obelix,

Right now I do all my own work. It's been several years since i tried out Swift but now with SwiftUI and Playgrounds 4 out, I think I can do my project. The basic (pardon the pin) idea is just collecting names from a net that I am involved in. Then adding the capability to pull some info off the net and send the list of name via email.

I don'tknow anyone in my area who programs in Swifbut do plan to look around. My first conmputer was a Radio Shack TRS-80 with a cassette tape drive and I typed a lot of BASIC programs out of Creative Computing, still have 2 old issues.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.