UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Day 65: InstaFilter - grantAccessClaim Error on iOS 16.2

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

@ian  

I am mostly though the 3rd video for this day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XCTU9MoE9M&t=1s @ about 6m50s and am running into an error:

2023-03-28 15:44:27.060213-0700 Instafilter[59883:13176041] [claims] C8E679A9-E638-4633-8629-63D8FC792995 grantAccessClaim reply is an error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4101 "Couldn’t communicate with a helper application." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x600003de2a00 {Error Domain=PHAssetExportRequestErrorDomain Code=0 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (PHAssetExportRequestErrorDomain error 0.)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=The operation couldn’t be completed. (PHAssetExportRequestErrorDomain error 0.), NSUnderlyingError=0x600003de2130 {Error Domain=PAMediaConversionServiceErrorDomain Code=2 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (PAMediaConversionServiceErrorDomain error 2.)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=The operation couldn’t be completed. (PAMediaConversionServiceErrorDomain error 2.)}}}}}

This does not happen up until the part of the lesson where we change the loadImage()function to process the sepia filter.

Changing my simulator to 16.0 solves this error, however in 16.2 it occurs, did not test 16.1

EDIT: This acctually errors on iOS 16.0 as well. However the first time simulator is run with the app there is no error and a photo can be loaded, after that run the error occurs.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.