UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: Day 62 - 67, location of default pictures library.

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

Hello,

We learnt to use PHPicker on Day 62-67. However, altough I have my own images located in photos library, it always show some default images (6 images shown on link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71954672/how-to-load-image-from-photos-using-new-phpicker-in-ios-programmatically) and I could not find the location of these images. So , I have 2 questions;

1. Where is the location of these default images?
  2. Can I use my own photo library while working?

Thank you.

These Photo image are in the simulator "Photos Library" app if you want to use your photos and your Photo are saved to iCloud then on simulator setting sign in to your iCloud account, and make sure that iCloud Photo are turned on. You should then have access to your photos.

I don't know the file path to where these images are saved. But the simulator works basically the same way as the actual iPhone, so you can find those photos by opening the "Photos" app on the simulator. Any photos that you save to the photo library in the simulator will show up in the photos app, or in your app that uses a photo picker.

I have also find that drag&drop photos to photo library in simulator is also working.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.