UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: Day 17 - Reading text from the user with TextField

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

When implementing the .decimalPad parameter, I get the following messages -- even though keypad shows up anyway:

iPhone 7: "Can't find keyplane that supports type 8 for keyboard iPhone-PortraitChoco-DecimalPad; using 25793_PortraitChoco_iPhone-Simple-Pad_Default"

iPhone 8: "Can't find keyplane that supports type 4 for keyboard iPhone-PortraitChoco-NumberPad; using 25752_PortraitChoco_iPhone-Simple-Pad_Default"

iPhone 8 plus: "Can't find keyplane that supports type 8 for keyboard iPhone-PortraitTruffle-DecimalPad; using 25805_PortraitTruffle_iPhone-Simple-Pad_Default"

iPhone 11: "Can't find keyplane that supports type 8 for keyboard iPhone-PortraitTruffle-DecimalPad; using 25805_PortraitTruffle_iPhone-Simple-Pad_Default"

iPhone 11 pro: "Can't find keyplane that supports type 8 for keyboard iPhone-PortraitChoco-DecimalPad; using 25793_PortraitChoco_iPhone-Simple-Pad_Default"

iPhone 11 pro max: "Can't find keyplane that supports type 8 for keyboard iPhone-PortraitTruffle-DecimalPad; using 25805_PortraitTruffle_iPhone-Simple-Pad_Default"

Any idea what this is about? Will this pose a problem later on?

Hello. I was getting this warning also no matter what scheme I select when building/running. As well, my keyboard doesn't show up on the simulator when I click on the text field.

The way I resolved this was disabling "Connect Hardware Keyboard" from the I/O -> Keyboard menu on the simulator.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.