UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: Day 17 Picker renders differently than on the Video

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

In the video, when Paul clicks on the clicker, it slides to the right and you then see the picker options...I am targeting IOS 16 and when I click on the Picker it just pops up a popup over the canvas with the Picker options....I actually think this looks better but not sure if I am supposed to use a different type of Picker or add some kind of modifier? it works just fine, but curious of why this is happening. I figured it is due to me using IOS16 and the latest XCode and I know the video was made a couple of years ago. Please advise and I thank you!

I found the answer further down in the forum, I should of checked, but here is an explanation of what is happening:

https://www.hackingwithswift.com/forums/100-days-of-swiftui/wesplit-day-17-issue/16186

I had the same in my WeSplit. So I think it is indeed to do with version. SInce it is the same sort of Picker it only looks a bit different.

I found the answer further down in the forum, I should of checked, but here is an explanation of what is happening:

https://www.hackingwithswift.com/forums/100-days-of-swiftui/wesplit-day-17-issue/16186

@suzanne, I like the look better keeping it on one screen anyway :D

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.