UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Day 1 - Day 4 Complete

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

Hello!

I've just discovered the HWS site and just started the 100 Days of Swift UI track. I've tried a few different ways to learn Swift over the years (i.e. bootcamp, Udemy, Everyone Can Code, etc.) but never really gotten very far. Frustrating as it is, no one in my circle of friends show any interest in creating apps, only playing them. As such, I've learned that you quickly forget when you can't interact and discuss with others.

After 10 years with my company, I've recently been advised that my position will become redundant later this year. Prospects for another job within my company/industry seem very limited. Instead, I'm going to try a different path and have set goals for myself to learn Swift UI & secure a job in a new field where I can utilize those skills.

Day 1 - Day 4 complete.

Thanks & have a great day!

Chris

Hi Chris, I've similar motives. I always wanted to start my own business and I had a lot of good ideas. But I'm really bad at communicating them well. That's why I wanted to create prototypes first. But these seemed insufficient to me. So I moved on to more complex prototypes. It was so time-consuming that I thought why not learn to program properly right away. I've also tried many things beforehand. I'm somewhere around day 50 right now and it's still fun. Now and then I get stuck, but then you always motivate yourself.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.