UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

100 Days of SwiftUI vs 100 Days of Swift?

Forums > 100 Days of SwiftUI

Hi.

Not sure if I found the right forum for this question but I am trying. I am a developer wih 25 years of experience, mainly Java. But I have also written multiple Android apps and also iOS apps (using Objective-C many years ago). I now want to start writing iOS apps again and I thought Swift was the thing now but then I found this site. And I have been watching some YT videos of live streams with Paul using SwiftUI and SwiftUI looks kind of cool :) (it also looks good to write apps for Mac OS and Watch OS using SwiftUI)

So I was thinking about following this 100 day course but just wondering if I could go straight to the SwiftUI course or should I have a Swift background first and start with the Swift course?

Regards,

BTJ

You can go straight to 100 Days of SwiftUI. The first 15 days are the same as 100 Days of Swift and should get you up to speed on the language itself. (At Day 16, 100 Days of Swift starts on projects using the older UIKit way of doing things.)

ok, kind of what I thought and hoped but thx for clarifying.. :)

if you have the time I would suggest 100DaysOfSwift first for a couple of reason.

1. SwiftUI is relative young and Swift is still strong in alot of code so it is good to have an understanding (as you have come from Objective-C, you might make connection as swift use it too)
  2. When come to 85DaysOfSwiftUI (minus first 15 day as @roosterboy say they are the same) you will appreciate the swifty side of it

but it is up to you

Hmmm... Ok, will consider this also.... Thx.. :)

personally, i would go for the SwiftUI course first, then try the older way to see how much better swiftui is.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.