UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: Why do the "100DaysOfSwift" if there is "100DaysOfSwiftUI"?

Forums > 100 Days of Swift

With Apple shifting its Swift framework emphasis from UIKit to SwiftUI, if you're doing the "100DaysOfSwift" course track then why aren't you instead doing the "100DaysOfSwiftUI" track?

I ask because last week I started work on the "100DaysOfSwift" course (currently on Day 7) and saw that on Day 16 the course heads the UIKit direction.

I'll be switching to the "100DaysOfSwiftUI" course on Day 16, based on Paul Hudson's core iOS path of first learning the Swift language and afterwards learning SwiftUI.

Was curious why, as of this writing, there are people who choose to continue working through "100DayOfSwift" with its UIKit framework emphasis.

Because UIKit isn't going anywhere for a while. SwiftUI may be the future, but it will be years before it completely supplants UIKit/AppKit/etc. Someone learning Swift for the purposes of getting a job as an iOS developer will have to know how to work with UIKit for some time to come.

And Apple is still making updates and introducing new features to the older frameworks, so they aren't putting them out to pasture just yet.

Thanks @roosterboy. I found this particular line that you wrote, "Someone learning Swift for the purposes of getting a job as an iOS developer will have to know how to work with UIKit for some time to come." an important one.

I'm learning Swift for the purposes of getting a job as an iOS developer in the traditional corporate workforce, so staying on the "100DaysOfSwift" path is the best choice for my particular iOS goal.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.