UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: Project 7, I've work along with the code but duplicate view controller is not created in tabbar controller

Forums > 100 Days of Swift

I had writted code in appdelegate to add duplicate viewcontroller via code to tabcontroller, but I did not find another viewcontroller added to tabbarcontroller `func application(_ application: UIApplication, didFinishLaunchingWithOptions launchOptions: [UIApplication.LaunchOptionsKey: Any]?) -> Bool {

if let tabBarController = window?.rootViewController as? UITabBarController {
        let storyboard = UIStoryboard(name: "Main", bundle: nil)
        let vc = storyboard.instantiateViewController(identifier: "NavController")
        vc.tabBarItem = UITabBarItem(tabBarSystemItem: .topRated, tag: 1)
        tabBarController.viewControllers?.append(vc)
    }

return true
}

There is an outdated code in the Project 7 of the book Hacking with iOS / 100 Days of Swift

The Xcode 11 project template add a new SceneDelegate.swift file in the project, and the SceneDelegate class manage the iOS app’s UI life cycle.

And in Xcode 11, the template remove the window member variable ( UIKit.UIWindow type ) from AppDelegate class, it add the window member variable to the SceneDelegate class.

So your code must be placed in below SceneDelegate class’s function func scene(_ scene: UIScene, willConnectTo session: UISceneSession, options connectionOptions: UIScene.ConnectionOptions)

Remove the "return true" part

Thank you so much, you are my timesaver.

Life savers!

This helped me a lot! Thanks :)

Thank you, i try this like 4 ours and found this, the best answer i find and it worked

Thank you !

Was stuck here for hours

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.