UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Project 1 (Storm Viewer) - large image title overlaid on image, not contained in navigation bar

Forums > 100 Days of Swift

Hey everyone. I'm at the point in the Storm Viewer UIKit tutorial where we first set navigationController?.navigationBar.prefersLargeTitles = true and then expect the title of images to look as follows in the DetailViewController:

Instead, for me it looks like this:

1. Why does the top navigation bar not encompass the image name?
  2. Why does my image not fill the screen as it does in Paul's example even though I did set Content Mode to Aspect Fill in the Inspector panel of the Image View in the Detail View Controller.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide! :)

I have this problem too!

For the 2nd issue, is Image View in Main.storyboard extended all the way to the safe area?

I have this issue as well. It apears that the safe area is too close to the top of the view and I can not figure out how to make the image not display in the Navigation Controller

I had this issue as well, i think it had to do with the size of the display. When i ran it on a larger phone simulator the problem seemed to resolve.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.