UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Day 63 - touchesEnded

Forums > 100 Days of Swift

Hi all 100DaySwift Maniacs :)

Could you give me some tips how to use - what should be done within touchesEnded method ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there!

touchesEnded() function is useful when you refer to the things that you want to happen when you STOP touching the screen - for example, when you want to execute the button action not by just touching it, but by both touching it AND lifting your finger from it.

So for example you can do this:

1. Use touchesBegan() to scale down a button (so it looks like it's pressed down).
  2. Use touchesEnded() to scale the button back to its original size and execute the button's action.

If you have any more questions, I'll try my best to help!

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.