UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Day 22 - Challenge 3 (linked to project 2)

Forums > 100 Days of Swift

Hi everyone,

I am stuck on the last part of this challenge: "Go back to project 2 and add a bar button item that shows their score when tapped."

I was able to create a leftBarButtonItem to display the score but it won't update when the actual score is changed - it stays at its initial value of 0. Do you have an idea how to make it update?

Here is what I have done so far:

override func viewDidLoad() {
    super.viewDidLoad()

navigationItem.leftBarButtonItem = UIBarButtonItem(title: "Score \(getScore())", style: .plain, target: self, action: #selector(getScore))

and:

@objc func getScore() -> Int {
    return score
}

Here I have made a getScore function because using score directly or through another property did not work. But that is not the solution either.

I would appreciate any help, so thanks in advance!

Though your effort is admirable, I think that you went quite too far here :)

Your task here is to show the score simply by a UIVIewController, whether it would be an Alert or Activity one. Since the whole topic of Project 3 was the UIActivityViewController, I used that to show the score (with additional possibility of sharing it wherever I want).

So you don't have to worry about creating additional functions and stuff. Just use UIActivityViewController, where you will show your score using 'score' property, like this:

"Score: \(score)"

Let me know if that helps!

Hello MateusZ,

Thanks for your response.

I was indeed in the wrong path! I have now solved the issue with a UIActivityViewController as you suggested.

Thank you for your help!

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.