What are the changes in Swift 2.2?
Paul Hudson @twostraws
Swift 2.2 introduced a lot of major language changes. You can read my full article explaining the changes with code examples by clicking here, but here are the highlights:
- You can now compare tuples up to arity 6
- Compile-time Swift version checking
- More keywords can be used as argument labels
- Renamed debug identifiers: #line, #function, #file
- The ++ and -- operators are deprecated
- Traditional C-style for loops are deprecated
- Tuple splat syntax is deprecated
- var parameters have been deprecated
- Stringified selectors are deprecated
- New documentation keywords: recommended, recommendedover, and keyword
Available from iOS 7.0
Did this solution work for you? Please pass it on!
Other people are reading…
About the Swift Knowledge Base
This is part of the Swift Knowledge Base, a free, searchable collection of solutions for common iOS questions.