TEAM LICENSES: Save money and learn new skills through a Hacking with Swift+ team license >>

Watch to 5K: Learn to run 5K with just your Apple Watch

Forums > App Announcements

During lockdown, I decided to take up running to get outside and get healthier. So I began looking for a simple Couch to 5K app that ran independently on the Apple Watch without the need to lug the iPhone with me for the run.

I soon discovered that most apps wouldn’t work without an active connection to your phone and often required expensive subscriptions. So I decided to build a Couch to 5K app from the ground up for the Apple Watch. After a few months of hard graft, I completed my first 5K and launched my first Independent Watch App, Watch To 5K.

I've just released V3, a major release which includes a brand new iPhone companion app, allowing you to track their progress, view completed runs and keep motivated by earning achievements as you progress through the plan. The update also allows you to share you achievements and runs with friends and family.

The app is still just $3.99 (£3.49) with no ongoing subscriptions or in-app purchases. You can get it on the App Store: https://apple.co/3MDCBQB

All of the companion app was built in SwiftUI and I learnt a lot along the way. If you have any questions (including implementation details, frameworks used etc.) please feel free to ask.

Watch to 5K - Watch and Phone screenshot

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by String Catalog.

SPONSORED Get accurate app localizations in minutes using AI. Choose your languages & receive translations for 40+ markets!

Localize My App

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.